Here we go.

15 May 2009

I'm so pleased because me, Keiko & Heather held our very first craft night last night. We didn't just talk about it for a year, we made it happen! Our first project? Aprons! I won't say that my apron is badass, but...it's pretty badass. First of all, we didn't have a pattern; we totally drew and cut it out freehand style. Secondly, me & Heather have never touched a sewing machine; Keiko has used one before, but not much. (This automatically made her the "pro" of the lot.) Considering all of that plus the fact that we don't really sew, well, see for yourself:

I still need to add the neck strap, ties & pocket. Cute though, right? When we're done done, I'll see if they will let me post them here to show off. Next project is pillows! I'm going to search high/low for pillow patterns that look like sushi. Or a bowl of pho, heh.


Another project completed:


Collin is playing somewhere in the Argenta Art Walk this eve. I've got too much to do and all I want to do is work on the picnic table while the rain is away. It's supposed to return tomorrow, so I'm anxious to get it halfway completed. Too, I'd like to finish my apron.


Enjoy yourself.

1 comment:

kmhd said...

I have yet to see this at your house. WTH.

Blog Archive